Current as of January, 11th 2022
We’ve been following the news as the Omicron variant spreads rapidly across the world. We are closely monitoring the situation and will follow the guidelines of the CDC and public health officials in each city and state where our events are held.
As of right now, all meetings are scheduled to be in-person, in 2022, including: AGBT Ag in San Diego, AGBT’s General Meeting in Orlando, and AGBT Precision Health, in San Diego.
Other events in our industry have made plans to go virtual out of an abundance of caution. The health and safety of our scientific community and the world at large is our first priority. We also understand that our community needs an opportunity to collaborate so that we can feed and fuel the world together.
We will continue to monitor the situation surrounding the spread of COVID-19.
AGBT is requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours of the conference for all registrants attending AGBT Ag until further notice. Every attendee will be required to show proof of vaccination or their negative PCR test before being allowed to pick up their meeting badge.
DEFINITION OF FULLY VACCINATED
You must receive your final dose two (2) weeks prior to the start of the meeting you are attending. A final dose is defined as one of the following:
The second shot in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or one shot of a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Attendees will be required to present their proof of vaccination before picking up their meeting badges, as noted above.
*This definition may change based on updated CDC guidelines.
All attendees, guests, and staff will be required to wear masks in the meeting spaces, in compliance with the mask mandate put into effect by the California Department of Public Health.
- Completely cover your mouth and nose.
- Fit snugly without gaps.
ONSITE SAFETY MEASURES
Additional precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of all meeting attendees, including:
- All meeting rooms will be set two people per six-foot table and posters will be distanced as much as possible.
- The hotel and AV staff will clean all meeting rooms between sessions, including chairs, tables, podiums, and microphones.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the hotel.
- Attendees will be required to validate their vaccination through Fan Check-In, a platform for COVID-19 screening used by professional sports teams, concert venues and theaters.