The Co-Chairs for the 2017 AGBT Precision Health Meeting are: Eric Green (National Human Genome Research Institute/National Institute of Health) Elaine Mardis (The Institute for Genomic Medicine at Nationwide Children’s Hospital) Len Pennacchio (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory) and Mike Talkowski (Center for Genomic Medicine-Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard, and The Broad Institute).
The Organizing Committee Includes: Howard McLeod (Moffitt Cancer Center), Geoffrey Ginsburg (Duke Center for Personalized and Precision Medicine), Julie Segre (National Human Genome Research Institute/National Institute of Health), Madhuri Hegde (Emory Genetics Laboratory), Diane Bianchi (Tufts Medical Center), Kym Boycott (Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute), Nazneen Rahman (The Institute of Cancer Research) Paul Flicek (European Bioinformatics Institute), Heidi Rehm (Partners Healthcare Center for Personalized Genetic Medicine). For more information on our AGBT conferences or sponsorship opportunities contact: Leisa Zigman President, The Genome Partnership 314-615-6360 firstname.lastname@example.org www.agbt.org
- Travel Info
- Precision Health Speakers
- Attendee Demographics
- Media Policy
- 2016 Agenda
“Just overall very impressed with how well the technical and the clinical came together. Very relevant.”—2016 AGBT Precision Health Attendee
“I came away with a renewed passion for the work we do..It was a great opportunity to meet people who are in the same field, but interact in different roles.” —2016 AGBT Precision Health Attendee
“I loved the high scientific content and the intimate nature of the meeting. Everyone was accessible.” —2016 AGBT Precision Health Attendee
“ In divergence with other conferences of analogous names, this conference had a more robust scientific content, rather than commercial/advertising, and this could become its real strength.” —2016 AGBT Precision Health Attendee
ABOUT AGBT’S PRECISION HEALTH MEETING
Based on the remarkable success of the original technology-focused AGBT meeting – and with an eye towards facilitating the emergence of a new era of precision medicine – The Genome Partnership launched AGBT-Precision Health , a new conference that debuted in September of 2016, in Scottsdale, Arizona. This new meeting brought together leading genomics researchers, healthcare professionals, and healthcare industry stakeholders to rigorously explore exciting developments at the interface of genomics, medicine, and health. We aim to enable the passing of the torch from pioneering researchers and developers of genome technologies to first movers in healthcare who are establishing cutting edge standard of care applications of genome technology in every day clinical practice.
- Translational genomics researchers
- Pharmaceutical, molecular diagnostic, and genomics industry researchers (or R&D scientists)
- Molecular pathologists
- Medical geneticists
- Healthcare industry professionals
For more information contact: email@example.com
Registration Package includes:
- All registration fees fully paid
- Three nights lodging* (Thursday arrival and Sunday morning checkout)
- One year affiliated membership in AGBT’s organization
- Thursday – Wine & Cheese Pre-event and Welcome Dinner
- Friday – Breakfast, Lunch, and Coffee and Dessert at Poster Session
- Saturday – Breakfast, Lunch and Closing Dinner Party
All conference fees are priced per person.
For the double occupancy conference rate you may specify a roommate, who must also be an attendee. If you do not specify a roommate, your specified roommate fails to register, or your roommate cancels, a roommate may be assigned to you. If no roommate is assigned, you will be charged for single occupancy conference rate. It is your responsibility to ensure a roommate is selected or assigned if you prefer double occupancy conference rate.
Late Breaking Abstracts will be accepted until
August 1, 2017
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Conveniently located just minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, The Phoenician is nestled at the base of Camelback Mountain, near the burgeoning entertainment, shopping and cultural districts of Scottsdale, Arizona. From the Car Rental Complex at Sky Harbor International Airport:
- Turn left on Sky Harbor Circle (.7 miles)
- Turn left on 24th Street (4.8 miles)
- Turn right on Camelback Rd. (2.4 miles)
- Turn left at 60th Street/Phoenician Blvd.
The AGBT Meeting Media Policy applies to: (a) traditional media (print, broadcast and web based) and new social media tools (blogs, Twitter, etc.); (b) accredited journalists who are registered for the meeting and all other meeting attendees; and (c) all poster and oral presentations, including presentations during the plenary sessions, concurrent sessions and technical workshops.
(1) Unless otherwise stated by the presenter, reporting on content presented at this meeting is allowed, including by blogging or tweeting. Presenters have the final say on whether the content of their presentations can be reported beyond the conference and can opt-out on anyone reporting on either all or any portion of their presentations.
(2) Photography of the content of presentations is not allowed without the consent of the presenter. This includes photography of posters and of slides projected during oral presentations.
(3) Presenters may opt-out by stating at the beginning or during their presentations that they do not give permission for all or specific parts of their presentations to be reported outside of the conference, including by blogging or tweeting. Presenters may also use the following icons on their posters, on their title slides, and on individual slides in their presentations:
|No reporting of any kind allowed for this content|
|Reporting of this content is allowed|